Thursday, May 3, 2012

Gearing Up

I have a totally ridiculous dilemma: What am I going to carry my books and supplies in when classes start next week?

 I looked around for a bag at Target a few days ago. There were some sling-type bags that wouldn't even hold all of my writing implements, some very nice (read: expensive) laptop cases that I don't really need since I use an iPad, and a plethora of backpacks. Am I the only one who thinks a 33-year-old woman carrying a backpack is just weird? Oh, and there was a rolling case. I'm not that old that I can't cart something around that's not on wheels.

 I did find a beautiful leather messenger bag on Amazon.com that would be perfect. Perfect, except for the price tag. I suppose it would be rather irresponsible to spend $200 on a bag and then not have the gas money to make it to campus for the first day of class.

 I'll probably end up carting everything around in a reusable grocery bag. It will be a new fashion statement. Or I'll end up being known as the university bag lady. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment